Saturday, 21 July 2007

Apogea

Yesterday in the red accordion, number 29.

Why are ipods so fascinating? Because the quality of the sound is so good you feel everyone is listening to the same tune. Unless it's the earphones. You've known that for a long time haven't you? Well, I'm new to this world.

Most fascinating thing about modernity: it mixes times. Let me rephrase this. It brings us closer to the past. In the bus, my shuffle plugs my ears on Casta Diva, an awful, poignant, creepy recording made in 1964 (I think), but la Callas is standing right behind me, I know it.

In front of me - pan. I lay on the yellow bar and stick my face to the window. The widest screen ever. The light isn't too good, but it's not bothering me too much. I guess people are wondering "What is this chick doing?". Some of them wave at me, so I wave back. A kid at the back of his parents' car seems more suspicious.

At 11:45pm the 29 crawls passed Camden's Waterstones. About a hundred people are queing in front of the shop. Some of them are wearing a witch hat or a cape. They are all dressed in dark. Unless... you know... "La nuit tous les chats sont gris". Miaou. Not young, not old. If I was them I'd be so depressed that Harry Potter doesn't exist in the real life.

No comments: