Thursday, 9 November 2006

Environmentalism

From globalisation to moderation...

I feel there is something new about our planet. The way we look at it, the way we eventually start to worry about it. It's like an endless love story, almost forced, between mankind and nature, with a lot of ups and downs. Finally the man looks at his girl again and realises how mean he's been to her.

After Stern, after Nairobi, I feel this concern does not emerge from the governments, but from the citizens. I like the idea that the people shows the way forward (see previous post): it has always been like that, and will always be... making its way through various types of manipulation. Unexpected.

Praise the people, but work with the governments. Recycling, bying bio, wearing Veja shoes is expensive. Completely illogical, so... completely modifiable. An era of rarity, and the only way to adapt is moderation... I know some won't like that concept. It's like telling a little boy "you've had enough candies now". And the little boy cries.

It's like a story.

No comments: